2013-10-09

Photos of SyAAF MiG-15/17's


Few stills of SyAAF MiG-15's and MiG-17's I collected from many sources, gathered them in a post to share them with you.
For the 40th anniversary of Teshreen war, I would choose to start with a MiG-17 in display in Deir EzZour, the birthplace of the great ace Ghassan Abboud who could downed Six Israeli aircraft during the war.


Another shot for the same MiG-17 which is in display in a roundabout in the city which is known as 'aircraft roundabout'. I'm not sure here whether the camo is original since the serial numbers are over-painted.


Rare shot for a SyAAF MiG-17 with its serial number 1219. Infront, the pilot Riyadh Ali Hmesheh who was martyred during the aerial combats over Lebanon in 1982.


Another MiG-17 in display, but I could not recognize the location. It carries the serial 1159.


MiG-15bis also in display in Aleppo city.


Another shot for the same. The insignia under the cockpit is probably the Air Force Academy's.

3 comments:

  1. ...The pilot is Mudar Nizar Jdeed, KIA during the recent uprising...
    Some additional infomations, what position he was recently? If I understand it correctly, then the photo is form times around 1973 war.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Milos, I believe I've hastened mentioning the pilot name, He is not Mudar Nizar Jdeed, I already omitted that from the post although it was mentioned in the source of the photo his name as the pilot in the image.
      I referred to his FB page, I found that he KIA recently and he is just a Captain..it means that he didn't even see the MiG-17 flying when he joined the SyAAF

      Delete
    2. OK, no problem.

      Delete